Senior Living in Piedmont, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Piedmont, SD: 57769
- Piedmont scores higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Piedmont scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Va Black Hills Healthcare System - Fort Meade).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sturgis Regional Hospital, Black Hills Special Services, and Fountain Springs Community.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Arrowhead Country Club, Fountain Spring Golf Course, and Hart Ranch Golf Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including After The Ride Campground, Atl LLC, and Sacora Station Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Black Hills, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and Word of Truth Family Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,261, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,098, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,465, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,403 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $24,960 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.58%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Piedmont receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Piedmont has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Piedmont has a very sparse population density of 27.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Piedmont have an average daily commute time.
- Piedmont has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.20%.