Senior Living in Piffard, New York
Top zip codes in Piffard, NY: 14533
- Piffard scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Piffard scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morgan Estates Assisted Living Community, Livingston County Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Avon Nursing & Rehabilitation.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Davis Countryside Meadows, Beard\'s Creek Golf Course, and Caledonia Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Mount Morris Dam & Recreation Area and Gravel Ponds Sport Fishing).
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Pavilion United Meth Church, St Columbus St Patrick Church, and Caledonia Assembly of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,144, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,778, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,675, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.76%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Piffard receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Piffard has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Piffard has a very sparse population density of 62.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Piffard have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Piffard has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.65%.