Senior Living in Pine Plains, New York
Top zip codes in Pine Plains, NY: 12567
- Pine Plains scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Pine Plains scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Northern Dutchess Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Friends Adult Home, Mary\'s Family Care Home, and Sharon Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Thomas Carvel Country Club, Red Hook Golf Club, and Thomas Carvel Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lake Taghkanic State Park, Interlake RV Park, and Brook n Wood Family Campground.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including O\'Gorman Richard, United Methodist Church, and St Christophers Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,317, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,194, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,823, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pine Plains receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Pine Plains has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Pine Plains has a very sparse population density of 62.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pine Plains have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Pine Plains has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.00%.