Senior Living in Piscataway, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Piscataway, NJ: 08854
- Piscataway scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Piscataway scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including University Behavioral Hlthcare, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, and Saint Peter\'s University Hospital.
- There are 113 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including JFK Hartwyck at Edison Estates, Aristacare at Cedar Oaks, and Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1025 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 144 golf courses in or around the city, including Fairway Golf Center, Raritan Landing Golf Course, and Rutgers University Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Johnson Park, Elmer B Boyd Park, and Rutgers Gardens.
- There are 393 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Family Worship, St Paul the Apostle Church, and Congregation Etz Ahaim.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 562 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 260 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,094, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $88,779, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,482, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Piscataway receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Piscataway has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Piscataway has a dense population density of 2,971.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Piscataway have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Piscataway has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.08%.