Senior Living in Pitman, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Pitman, PA: 17964
- Pitman scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Pitman scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Shamokin Area Community Hospital and Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman, Serenity Gardens Personal Care, and Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Three Ponds Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Knoebels Campground).
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s United Church-Christ, Trinity Lutheran Church, and United Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,697, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,893, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,782, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.84%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pitman receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Pitman has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Pitman has a very sparse population density of 34.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pitman have a long daily commute time.
- Pitman has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.38%.