Senior Living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Pittsburgh scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 30 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upmc Mercy, Allegheny General Hospital, and Mercy Providence Hospital.
- There are 127 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Saint Ambrose Manor, ManorCare Health Services-Northside, and Reformed Presbyterian Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 798 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 125 golf courses in or around the city, including Schenley Park Golf Course, Chartiers Country Club, and Crafton Golf Club.
- There are 34 parks near the city center, including Allegheny Commons Park East Park, Mellon Square Park, and Point State Park.
- There are 437 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, Trinity Cathedral, and Smithfield United Church.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 359 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 28 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 258 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,073, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,639, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,220, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.49%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pittsburgh receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Pittsburgh has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Pittsburgh has a dense population density of 4,828.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pittsburgh have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Pittsburgh has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.57%.