Senior Living in Pittston, Pennsylvania
- Pittston scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Pittston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wilkes Barre Va Medical Center, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Wesley Village Campus, and Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 347 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Glenmaura National Golf Course, Fox Hill Country Club, and Applewood Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Frances Slocum State Park, McDade Park, and Seven Tubs Nature Area.
- There are 157 churches in or near the city, including Holy Rosary, St Mark\'s Catholic Church, and Sacred Heart Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 142 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 117 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,665, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,493, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,558, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.84%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pittston receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Pittston has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Pittston has an average population density of 947.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pittston have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Pittston has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.61%.