Senior Living in Plainfield, Iowa
Top zip codes in Plainfield, IA: 50666
- Plainfield scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Plainfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Waverly Health Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cedar Vale Assisted Living, Clarksville Community Retirement Village, and Bartels Lutheran Nursing Care at Woodland Terrace.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Nashua Town & Country Club, Clarksville Area Recreational Development, and Waverly Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Cedar View Park, Cedar Bend County Park, and Cedar Bend Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Clarksville Church of Christ, Antioch Gospel Hall, and Area 267.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.64% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,778, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,250, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,829, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,600 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,373 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.14%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Plainfield receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Plainfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Plainfield has a very sparse population density of 19.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Plainfield have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Plainfield has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.73%.