Senior Living in Plainfield, New Jersey
- Plainfield scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Plainfield scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Muhlenberg Reg Med Center, Runnells Specialized Hospital, and Jfk Medical Center.
- There are 117 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aristacare at Norwood Terrace, Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, and McAuley Hall Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1147 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 143 golf courses in or around the city, including Plainfield Country Club, Twin Brooks Country Club, and Ash Brook Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Washington Rock, Watchung Reservation, and Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 473 churches in or near the city, including Hydewood Park Baptist Church, Mount Olive Baptist Church, and Community Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 656 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 31 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 273 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,636, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,753, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,270, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.31%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Plainfield receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Plainfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Plainfield has a dense population density of 7,766.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Plainfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Plainfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.00%.