Senior Living in Plainsboro, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Plainsboro, NJ: 08536
- Plainsboro scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Plainsboro scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including University Medical Center At Princeton, St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr, and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton.
- There are 80 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including My Merwick, Retiring By Design, and Atrium Senior Living of Princeton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 559 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 140 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadows at Middlesex, The, East Course at Mercer Oaks Golf Course, and Cranbury Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park, Herrontown Woods Arboretum, and Marquand Park.
- There are 182 churches in or near the city, including Princeton Alliance Church, Queenship of Mary Church, and Fellowship Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 231 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 163 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $110,308, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $85,291, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,181, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Plainsboro receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Plainsboro has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Plainsboro has a dense population density of 2,757.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Plainsboro have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Plainsboro has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.73%.