Senior Living in Pleasant Unity, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Pleasant Unity, PA: 15676
- Pleasant Unity scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Pleasant Unity scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Excela Health Frick Hospital, Excela Health Latrobe Hospital, and Latrobe Area Hospital.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunnylands Retirement Home, Mountainview Specialty Care Center, and Brookdale Latrobe.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 182 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 83 golf courses in or around the city, including Timber Ridge Golf Club, Norvelt Course at Norvelt Golf Club, and Latrobe Elks Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve, Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, and Keystone State Park.
- There are 105 churches in or near the city, including Pleasant Unity Methodist Chr, St Florian\'s Rectory, and Mt Pleasant Church of God.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,454, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,250, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,605, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pleasant Unity receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Pleasant Unity has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Pleasant Unity has a sparse population density of 470.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pleasant Unity have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Pleasant Unity has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.