Senior Living in Pleasantville, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Pleasantville, NJ: 08232
- Pleasantville scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Pleasantville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Atlanticare Regional Medical Center - City Div, Bacharach Institute For Rehab, and Shore Memorial Hospital.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Henson Home, Our Ladys Residence, and Mainland Manor Nrs and Rehab Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 256 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Atlantic City Country Club, Bay Course at Marriott\'s Seaview Country Club Resort, and Galloway National Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Birch Grove Park, Atlantic Blueberry RV Park, and Holly Acres RV Park.
- There are 72 churches in or near the city, including Faith Baptist Church, Presbyterian Church, and Epiphany Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 147 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 67 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,855, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,746, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,176, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.77%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pleasantville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Pleasantville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Pleasantville has a dense population density of 3,261.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pleasantville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Pleasantville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 69.67%.