Senior Living in Plessis, New York
Top zip codes in Plessis, NY: 13675
- Plessis scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Plessis scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (River Hospital, Inc and E J Noble Hospital Samaritan).
- There are no senior living facilities within close proximity to the city.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Wellesley Island State Park Golf Course, Lake Of The Isles Golf Club -Thousand Island, and Lake Of The Isles Golf Club.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Keewaydin Point State Park, Kring Point State Park, and Grass Point State Park.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $15,280, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 100.00%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Plessis receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Plessis has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Plessis has a sparse population density of 151.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Plessis have a very short daily commute time.
- Plessis has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.