Senior Living in Plover, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Plover, WI: 54467
- Plover scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Plover scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ministry St Michaels Hospital Of Stevens Point and Riverview Hsptl Assoc).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Whispering Pines Assisted Living, Lodge at Whispering Pines, and Maple Ridge-Plover Memory Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Tree Acres Golf Course, Stevens Point Country Club, and Sentry World Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Vista Royalle Campground Ltd, Standing Rock Park, and Stevens Point Parks & Rec Department.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Bible Chapel, The Springs, Your United Methodist Community, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,025, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,140, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,298, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Plover receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Plover has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Plover has a sparse population density of 197.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Plover have a very short daily commute time.
- Plover has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.73%.