Senior Living in Plymouth, New York
Top zip codes in Plymouth, NY: 13832
- Plymouth scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Plymouth scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Chenango Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pratt Newton Memorial Home, Norwich Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and UHS Senior Living at Chenango Memorial Hospital.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Canasawacta Country Club, Mountain Top Golf Course, and White Eagle Conference Center.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Bowman Lake State Park and Lebanon Reservoir Campground).
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Methodist Church, Church of Jesus Christ of LDS, and Agape Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,671, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,232, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.58%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Plymouth receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Plymouth has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Plymouth has a very sparse population density of 25.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Plymouth have an average daily commute time.
- Plymouth has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 67.24%.