Senior Living in Plymouth, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Plymouth, PA: 18651
- Plymouth scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Plymouth scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Special Care Hospital, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Plymouth Manor Personal Care Center, Keystone Garden Estates, and Hampton House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 218 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Huntsville Golf Club, Wyoming Valley Country Club, and Hollenback Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kirby Park, Frances Slocum State Park, and Seven Tubs Nature Area.
- There are 109 churches in or near the city, including Good Shepherd Polish National, First Baptist Church, and St Vincent De Paul Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 70 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,059, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,456, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,860, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.13%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Plymouth receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Plymouth has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Plymouth has an average population density of 735.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Plymouth have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Plymouth has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.03%.