Senior Living in Pocasset, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Pocasset, MA: 02559
- Pocasset scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Pocasset scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Barnstable County Hospital, Falmouth Hospital, and Falmouth Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cape Cod Senior Residences at Pocasset, Royal Megansett Nursing & Retirement Home, and Bourne Manor Extended Care Facility.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (47% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Pocasset Golf Club, Bay Pointe Country Club, and Brookside Golf Club, The.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Bay View Campground, Cape Cod Campresort & Cabins, and Shawme-Crowell State Forest.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Baptist Church First, St Johns Church, and North Falmouth Cong Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 74 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,858, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,786, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,972, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.73%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pocasset receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Pocasset has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Pocasset has an average population density of 670.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pocasset have a short daily commute time.
- Pocasset has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.97%.