Senior Living in Pomona, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Pomona, NJ: 08240
- Pomona scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Pomona scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bacharach Institute For Rehab, Atlanticare Regional Medical Center - City Div, and Shore Memorial Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Royal Suites Health Care and Rehabilitation, Renaissance Pavilion, and The Health Center at Galloway Nursing & Rehabilitation .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 256 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (0% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Pomona Golf Course, East Course at Blue Heron Pines Golf Club, and Galloway National Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Holly Acres RV Park, Atlantic Blueberry RV Park, and Chestnut Lake RV Campground.
- There are 68 churches in or near the city, including Assumption Church, Mainland Baptist Church, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 133 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 58 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $3,433, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pomona receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Pomona has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Pomona has a dense population density of 1,510.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pomona have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Pomona has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.