Senior Living in Portageville, New York
Top zip codes in Portageville, NY: 14536
- Portageville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Portageville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Absolut Care Houghton, East Side Nursing Home, and The Cloisters.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Acres Golf Course, Woodlynn Hills Golf Course, and Triple Creek Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Rolling Acres Golf Course and Campground, Woodstream Campsite, and Camping At Mariposa Ponds.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (First Baptist Church of Hume and Houghton Wesleyan Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,191, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,917, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,563, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Portageville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Portageville has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Portageville has a very sparse population density of 37.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Portageville have a very long daily commute time.
- Portageville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.38%.