Senior Living in Portland, Oregon
- Portland scores higher than the Oregon average of 67.
- Portland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Ohsu Hospital And Clinics, and Portland Va Medical Center.
- There are 482 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ala Adult Living Alternative, Centennial Retirement Planning, and Rose City Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 912 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Eastmoreland Golf Course, Rose City Golf Course, and Portland Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 40 parks near the city center, including Governor Tom McCall Waterfront Park, Lan Su Chinese Garden, and Director Park.
- There are 447 churches in or near the city, including Damascus Assembly of God, St Paul Damascus Lutheran Chr, and Hinson Memorial Baptist Church.
- There are 31 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 667 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 59 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 254 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oregon has an average state income tax of 7.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,893, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,815, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,674, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,553 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,920 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Portland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Portland has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Portland has a dense population density of 5,038.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Portland have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Portland has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.10%.