Senior Living in Portland, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Portland, PA: 18351
- Portland scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Portland scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clover Rest Home, Golden LivingCenter - Stroud, and Labar Village Community Association.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Water Gap Country Club, Glenwood Golf Course, and Apple Mountain Golf & Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Worthington State Forest, Weona Park, and Pocono Vacation Park.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Christ Evangelical Lutheran, Mackey Memorial Baptist Church, and Our Lady of Mt Carmel.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 45 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,123, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,625, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,262, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.02%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Portland receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Portland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Portland has an average population density of 1,407.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Portland have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Portland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.23%.