Senior Living in Portlandville, New York
Top zip codes in Portlandville, NY: 13834
- Portlandville scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Portlandville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Aurelia Osborn Fox Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aurelia Osborn Fox Memorial Hospital, Robynwood, and Otsego Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Oneonta Country Club, The, Cee Jay Golf Course, and Woodhaven Park Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Susquehanna State Forest, Robert V. Riddell, and Cooperstown Beaver Valley Cabins & Campsites.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Oneonta Assembly of God).
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Portlandville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Portlandville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Portlandville has a sparse population density of 339.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Portlandville have a very short daily commute time.
- Portlandville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.