Senior Living in Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Portsmouth, RI: 02871
- Portsmouth scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Portsmouth scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Newport Hospital, Newport Hospital, and Saint Anne\'s Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Atria Aquidneck Place, Freedom Housing Corporation, and St. Columban’s House.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 216 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Montaup Country Club, Pocasset Country Club, and Green Valley Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Green Animals Topiary Garden, Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, and Miantonomi Memorial Park.
- There are 131 churches in or near the city, including Portsmouth United Methodist, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and St Mary\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 126 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 100 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,339, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,409, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,076, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.25%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Portsmouth receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Portsmouth has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Portsmouth has an average population density of 1,007.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Portsmouth have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Portsmouth has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.27%.