Senior Living in Portville, New York
Top zip codes in Portville, NY: 14770
- Portville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Portville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Olean General Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aspen Tower, The Pines Healthcare and Rehab Center - Olean Campus, and Eden Heights.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Bartlett Country Club, Castle Inn Golf Course, and Evergreen Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Riverhurst Park Campground, Oak Hill Park, and Rock City Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Lutheran Church, Elwell Charles W, and MT Zion Christian Assembly.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,132, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,107, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,083, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Portville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Portville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Portville has a sparse population density of 100.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Portville have an average daily commute time.
- Portville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.73%.