Senior Living in Posen, Illinois
Top zip codes in Posen, IL: 60469
- Posen scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Posen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 25 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital, Metrosouth Medical Center, and Advocate South Suburban Hospital.
- There are 168 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aperion Care Midlothian, Robbins Supportive Living Senior Housing, and Prairie Green at Fay\'s Point.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1221 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 164 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadows Golf Club of Blue Island, The, Midlothian Country Club, and Joe Louis \\The Champ\\\" Golf Club\".
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Gensburg - Markham Prairie Nature Preserve, Raceway Park, and Burr Oak Cemetery.
- There are 632 churches in or near the city, including Abounding Life Chr God In, St Stanislaus Church, and Faith Baptist Church.
- There are 24 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 555 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 199 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,423, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,724, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,944, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.63%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Posen receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Posen has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Posen has a dense population density of 6,248.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Posen have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Posen has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.95%.