Senior Living in Potomac, Maryland
Top zip codes in Potomac, MD: 20854
- Potomac scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Potomac scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 21 hospitals within close range of the city, including Potomac Ridge, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, and National Naval Medical Center.
- There are 244 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arden Courts of Potomac, Greenebrook Homes, and Avalon Homes - Rebecca House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1030 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Tournament Players Club At Avenel, Falls Road Golf Course, and Congressional Country Club -Gold.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Great Falls Grange Park, Glen Echo Park, and Clara Barton National Historic Site.
- There are 683 churches in or near the city, including St Francis Episcopal Church, St Raphael\'s Catholic Church, and Our Lady of Mercy Church.
- There are 32 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 614 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 40 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 333 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $255,119, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $190,048, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $86,072, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.88%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Potomac receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Potomac has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Potomac has an average population density of 1,469.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Potomac have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Potomac has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.87%.