Senior Living in Poughkeepsie, New York
- Poughkeepsie scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Poughkeepsie scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Simeon Second Mile Corporation, The Pines at Poughkeepsie Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and The Manor at Woodside.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 157 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Whispering Pines Golf Club, College Hill Golf Course, and Casperkill Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Locust Grove Estate, Bowdoin County Park, and Hemlock Ridge Multiple Use Area.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church, Beulah Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 100 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 91 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,410, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,738, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,246, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Poughkeepsie receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Poughkeepsie has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Poughkeepsie has a dense population density of 3,125.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Poughkeepsie have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Poughkeepsie has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.39%.