Senior Living in Poughquag, New York
Top zip codes in Poughquag, NY: 12570
- Poughquag scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Poughquag scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Putnam Hospital Center, Arms Acres, and Putnam Hospital Center.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Grand Rehabilitation and Nuirsing Pawling, The Fountains at Millbrook, and New Horizons Unionvale.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Links At Union Vale, The, James Baird State Park Golf Course, and Links at Union Vale, The.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Camp Ramah in the Berkshires, Wonder Lake, and Innisfree Garden.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Trinity United Methodist Chr, and Blessed Kateri Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 63 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $109,158, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $89,865, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,642, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.76%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Poughquag receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Poughquag has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Poughquag has a sparse population density of 357.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Poughquag have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Poughquag has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.17%.