Senior Living in Pownal, Vermont
Top zip codes in Pownal, VT: 05261
- Pownal scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Pownal scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (North Adams Regional Hospital and Southwestern Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center, Sweet Brook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, and Bennington Health and Rehab.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Waubeeka Golf Links, Taconic Golf Club, and Stamford Valley Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Taconic Golf Club, Western Gateway Heritage State Park, and Natural Bridge State Park.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including First Cong Church, First United Methodist Church, and St Patrick\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,012, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,144, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pownal receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Pownal has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Pownal has a very sparse population density of 85.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pownal have a short daily commute time.
- Pownal has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.92%.