Senior Living in Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Princeton Junction, NJ: 08550
- Princeton Junction scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Princeton Junction scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton, St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr, and University Medical Center At Princeton.
- There are 64 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bear Creek Assisted Living, Hamilton Continuing Care Center, and Robbinsville Township Housing Inspector.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 451 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 139 golf courses in or around the city, including East Course at Mercer Oaks Golf Course, Cranbury Golf Club, and Meadows at Middlesex, The.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Mercer County Park, Sayen House and Gardens, and Princeton Battlefield State Park.
- There are 260 churches in or near the city, including Congregation Beth Chaim Prschl, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and Fellowship Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 245 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 147 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $200,825, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $166,283, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $67,560, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.51%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Princeton Junction receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Princeton Junction has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Princeton Junction has an average population density of 1,044.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Princeton Junction have a very long daily commute time.
- Princeton Junction has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.20%.