Senior Living in Prospect, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Prospect, CT: 06712
- Prospect scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Prospect scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Marys Hospital, Waterbury Hospital, and Midstate Medical Center.
- There are 99 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Paradigm Healthcare Center of Prospect, The Village at East Farms, and The Rosegarden Health and Rehab Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 395 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 113 golf courses in or around the city, including Highland Greens Golf Course, East Mountain Golf Course, and Farmingbury Hills Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Sleeping Giant State Park and West Rock Ridge State Park).
- There are 219 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Baptist Church, Prospect Congregational Church, and Our Lady of Fatima Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 269 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 132 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $113,968, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $93,631, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,460, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.22%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Prospect receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Prospect has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Prospect has an average population density of 658.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Prospect have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Prospect has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.44%.