Senior Living in Prospect, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Prospect, PA: 16052
- Prospect scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Prospect scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Butler Memorial Hospital, Butler Health System, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lowrie Place, Lowrie House, and Evergreen Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 88 golf courses in or around the city, including Hartmann\'s Deep Valley Golf Course, Stoughton Acres Golf Course, and Lake Arthur Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Buttercup Woodlands Campground, Cheeseman Farm, and McConnells Mill State Park.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Presbyterian Church-Prospect, and Grace Church of Harmony.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,410, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,398, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,045, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.67%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Prospect receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Prospect has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Prospect has a sparse population density of 121.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Prospect have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Prospect has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.34%.