Senior Living in Prospect Park, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Prospect Park, PA: 19076
- Prospect Park scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Prospect Park scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 33 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Crozer Chester Medical Center.
- There are 176 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Prospect Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, Conner Williams Nursing Home, and Haskins House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1225 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 168 golf courses in or around the city, including Springhaven Club, Springfield Country Club, and Rolling Green Golf Club.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Governor Printz Park, John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, and Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College.
- There are 592 churches in or near the city, including Olivet Presbyterian Church, Prospect United Methodist Chr, and St James Episcopal Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 851 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 39 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 354 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,543, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,035, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,309, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.02%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Prospect Park receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Prospect Park has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Prospect Park has a very dense population density of 8,758.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Prospect Park have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Prospect Park has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.53%.