Senior Living in Providence, Rhode Island
- Providence scores significantly lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Providence scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rhode Island Hospital, Providence Va Medical Center, and Roger Williams Medical Center.
- There are 123 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arbor Hill Assisted Living, Victoria Court Assisted Living, and Saint Elizabeth Terrace.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 649 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 132 golf courses in or around the city, including Triggs Memorial Golf Course, Button Hole Golf & Learning Center, and Metacomet Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Burnside Park, Roger Williams National Memorial, and Prospect Terrace Park.
- There are 518 churches in or near the city, including Christ Love Ministries, Cathedral of St John Episcopal, and Grace Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 324 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 215 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,479, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,329, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,763, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.63%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Providence receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Providence has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Providence has a very dense population density of 11,991.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Providence have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Providence has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 74.92%.