Senior Living in Prudence Island, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Prudence Island, RI: 02872
- Prudence Island scores significantly higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Prudence Island scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Newport Hospital, Newport Hospital, and Kent County Memorial Hospital.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Atria Aquidneck Place, St. Columban’s House, and Franklin Court Independent Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 316 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (55% of residents).
- There are 93 golf courses in or around the city, including Montaup Country Club, Pocasset Country Club, and Green Valley Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Green Animals Topiary Garden, Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, and Goddard Memorial State Park.
- There are 187 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, Portsmouth United Methodist, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 157 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 133 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Prudence Island receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Prudence Island has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Prudence Island has a very sparse population density of 36.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Prudence Island have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Prudence Island has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.