Senior Living in Pulaski, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Pulaski, PA: 16143
- Pulaski scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Pulaski scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jameson Memorial Hospital, Bhc Belmont Pines Hospital, and Sharon Regional Health System.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Overlook Health and Rehabilitation Center, Jameson Care Center, and Shenango Presbyterian Seniorcare.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 230 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Clingan\'s Tanglewood Golf Course, Rolling Hills Golf Course, and Oak Tree Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Bob Cene Park, Avenue of 444 Flags Foundation, and Chestnut Ridge Park.
- There are 139 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Good Shepherd, West Middlesex Umc, and Presbyterian Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 99 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 64 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,238, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,293, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,214, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pulaski receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Pulaski has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Pulaski has a sparse population density of 111.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pulaski have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Pulaski has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.55%.