Senior Living in Pulteney, New York
Top zip codes in Pulteney, NY: 14874
- Pulteney scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Pulteney scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Hospital Of Yates).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lake St Senior Apartments, St Marks Terrace Dundee, and Cairn Cottage.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (46% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakeside Country Club, Majestic Hills Golf Course, and Reservoir Creek Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Keuka Lake State Park and Bud Valley Campground).
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,706, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,167, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,180, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.83%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 11% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pulteney receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Pulteney has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Pulteney has a sparse population density of 107.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pulteney have an average daily commute time.
- Pulteney has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.50%.