Senior Living in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Punxsutawney, PA: 15767
- Punxsutawney scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Punxsutawney scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Punxsutawney Area Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mulberry Square Elder Care & Rehabilitation, AM PM Personal Care Home, and John and Shirley Pisano\'s Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Punxsutawney Country Club, Iron & Woods Golf Course, and Pinecrest Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Albion United Methodist Church, and Jehovah\'s Witnesses.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,927, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,545, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,451, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.03%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Punxsutawney receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Punxsutawney has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Punxsutawney has a very sparse population density of 88.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Punxsutawney have an average daily commute time.
- Punxsutawney has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.64%.