Senior Living in Putnam, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Putnam, CT: 06260
- Putnam scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Putnam scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Day Kimball Hospital and Hubbard Regional Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Matulaitis Nursing Home, Westview Nursing Care and Rehab, and Holy Spirit Health Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 93 golf courses in or around the city, including Putnam Country Club, Quinnatisset Country Club, and Raceway Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Old Furnace State Park and Douglas State Forest).
- There are 58 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church, Methodist Church of Putnam, and Methodist Church of Putnam.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,366, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,171, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,994, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.24%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Putnam receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Putnam has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Putnam has a sparse population density of 475.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Putnam have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Putnam has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.98%.