Senior Living in Quincy, Massachusetts
- Quincy scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Quincy scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 45 hospitals within close range of the city, including Quincy Medical Center, Carney Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, and Carney Hospital.
- There are 235 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including William B Rice Eventide Home, Fenno House, and Quincy Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1246 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 146 golf courses in or around the city, including Granite Links Golf Club, Presidents Golf Course, and William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Stodders Neck, Franklin Park Zoo, and Blue Hills Reservation.
- There are 584 churches in or near the city, including St Chrysostom\'s Church, St Ann\'s Rectory, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 771 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 55 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 545 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,051, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,450, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,898, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.89%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Quincy receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Quincy has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Quincy has a dense population density of 7,574.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Quincy have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Quincy has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.97%.