Senior Living in Ransom, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ransom, PA: 18653
- Ransom scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ransom scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clarks Summit State Hospital, Allied Servs Rehab Hospital, and Community Medical Center.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Carl F Greenley Personal Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 285 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Applewood Golf Course, Four Seasons Golf Club, and Fox Hill Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Frances Slocum State Park, McDade Park, and Steamtown National Historic Site.
- There are 129 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Holy Redeemer, St Cecilia\'s Catholic Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 139 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 101 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,377, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,489, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ransom receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ransom has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Ransom has an average population density of 534.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ransom have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ransom has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.00%.