Senior Living in Ransomville, New York
Top zip codes in Ransomville, NY: 14131
- Ransomville scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Ransomville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mount St Mary\'s Hospital And Health Center, Inter-community Mem Hospital, and Eastern Niagara Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Our Lady of Peace Nursing Care Residence, Brookdale Niagara, and Brookdale Niagara.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Niagara Frontier Country Club, Shawnee Country Club, and Niagara Falls Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Niagara\'s Lazy Lakes Camping Resort, Wilson Tuscarora State Park, and Four Mile Creek State Park.
- There are 86 churches in or near the city, including Immaculate Conception Church, Exley United Methodist Church, and Our Lady of the Rosary Roman.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,728, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,488, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,718, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ransomville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ransomville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Ransomville has a sparse population density of 125.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ransomville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Ransomville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.64%.