Senior Living in Ravenna, Ohio
Top zip codes in Ravenna, OH: 44266
- Ravenna scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Ravenna scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Robinson Memorial Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Longmeadow Care Center, National Church Residents, and Brookside .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 145 golf courses in or around the city, including Ravenswood Golf Club, Windmill Lakes Golf Club, and Dogwood Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including West Branch State Park, Triangle Lake Bog State Nature Preserve, and Country Acres Campground.
- There are 57 churches in or near the city, including Immaculate Conception Church, Christian & Missionary Church, and First Christian Church Ravenna.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,958, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,873, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,635, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,535 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.05%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ravenna receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ravenna has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ravenna has a sparse population density of 365.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ravenna have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ravenna has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.98%.