Senior Living in Rawlings, Maryland
Top zip codes in Rawlings, MD: 21557
- Rawlings scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Rawlings scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Potomac Valley Hospital, Potomac Valley Hospital, and Western Maryland Regional Medical Center.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Egle Nursing Home, Moran Manor Health Care Center, and Assisted Living at Frostburg .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Fore Sisters Golf Club, Maplehurst Country Club, and Polish Pines Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Dans Mountain Wildlife Management Area, Dans Mountain State Park, and Savage River State Forest.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Rawlings United Methodist Chr, Sisters of St Francis, and St Peter\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,976, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,847, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,273, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,060 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.32%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rawlings receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Rawlings has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Rawlings has a very sparse population density of 70.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rawlings have a very long daily commute time.
- Rawlings has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.81%.