Senior Living in Ray Brook, New York
Top zip codes in Ray Brook, NY: 12977
- Ray Brook scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Ray Brook scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Adirondack Medical Center and Adirondack Medical Center).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Saranac Village at Will Rogers and Uihlein Living Center)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (4% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Saranac Lake Golf Club, Executive Course at Lake Placid Club Resort, and Whiteface Inn Resort & Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including High Peaks Cyclery, John Brown Farm State Historic Site, and John Brown Farm.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Adirondack Community Church, Adirondack Alliance Church, and Adirondack Church of Nazarene.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $3,335, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ray Brook receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ray Brook has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ray Brook has a sparse population density of 196.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ray Brook have a very short daily commute time.
- Ray Brook has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 62.33%.