Senior Living in Rea, Missouri
Top zip codes in Rea, MO: 64480
- Rea scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Rea scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shady Lawn Living Center, Hands of Hope Hospice, and King City Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Duncan Hills Golf Course, Stanberry Golf Club, and St. Joseph Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Happy Holler Lake).
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Rosendale Christian Church, Andrew County Ministries Incor, and St Rose of Lima-Parish.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,343, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,066, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,768, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,780 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $59,221 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.96%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 11% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rea receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Rea has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Rea has a very sparse population density of 10.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rea have a very long daily commute time.
- Rea has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.65%.