Senior Living in Reedsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Reedsville, PA: 17084
- Reedsville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Reedsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Lewistown Hospital and Meadows Psychiatric Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elmcroft of Reedsville, Golden Livingcenter - William Penn, and Valley View Retirement Community.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Lewistown Country Club, State College Elks Country Club, and Standing Stone Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Penn-Roosevelt State Park, Seven Mountains Campground, and Greenwood Furnace State Park.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Warner Gary C, Pine Glen Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, and Donahey Darvin C.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,849, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,178, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.44%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Reedsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Reedsville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Reedsville has a sparse population density of 135.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Reedsville have a short daily commute time.
- Reedsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.68%.