Senior Living in Rensselaer Falls, New York
Top zip codes in Rensselaer Falls, NY: 13680
- Rensselaer Falls scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Rensselaer Falls scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Claxton-hepburn Medical Center and St Lawrence Psychiatric Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spicer Adult Home, Maplewood Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, and United Helpers Management Co.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Partridge Run Golf & Country Club, St. Lawrence University Golf Course, and St. Lawrence State Park Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Eel Weir, Wild Wings Hunt&Train, and Ogdensburg Recreation Director.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Unitarian Universalist Church, First Baptist Church, and Christ Church of Love.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,799, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,583, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,638, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.42%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rensselaer Falls receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Rensselaer Falls has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Rensselaer Falls has a very sparse population density of 35.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rensselaer Falls have a long daily commute time.
- Rensselaer Falls has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.01%.