Senior Living in Rensselaer, New York
Top zip codes in Rensselaer, NY: 12144
- Rensselaer scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Rensselaer scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Albany Memorial Hospital, St Peter\'s Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evergreen Commons, Eddy Senior Living, and Eddy Alzheimer\'s Center at Hawthorne Ridge.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 342 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 57 golf courses in or around the city, including Capital Hills at Albany, Wolferts Roost Country Club, and Colonial Acres Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Lafayette Park, Townsend Park, and Washington Park.
- There are 293 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Church, St Mary\'s of Clinton Heights, and St John\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 196 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 128 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,828, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,974, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,751, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.54%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rensselaer receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Rensselaer has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Rensselaer has an average population density of 1,085.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rensselaer have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Rensselaer has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.96%.