Senior Living in Reynoldsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Reynoldsville, PA: 15851
- Reynoldsville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Reynoldsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brookville Hospital, Dubois Regional Medical Center, and Punxsutawney Area Hospital.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morning Glow Manor, Christ The King Manor, and DuBois Continuum of Care Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Iron & Woods Golf Course, Pinecrest Country Club, and Du Bois Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Sandy Township Recreational Park).
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Bullock Ellen L, First Church of God, and Gateway Church of Christ.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,495, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,781, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,877, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.75%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Reynoldsville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Reynoldsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Reynoldsville has a very sparse population density of 71.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Reynoldsville have a short daily commute time.
- Reynoldsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.67%.